Location: Central London
Salary: £27,000 per annum
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time – flexible working options are available
Closing date: Thursday 15 October 2020
Our charity exists because we believe it is wrong for girls and women to be denied the joy, fulfilment and lifelong benefits of sport. And yet still so many are, even here in the UK. Gender stereotypes, concerns about body image, limited opportunities and social norms at home mean that at every life stage, women are still less active than men and less likely to play sport. Too many women and girls are missing out on feeling happy and confident in their bodies, on the companionship, exhilaration and liberation of simply playing and forgetting day-to-day stresses. Women from disadvantaged communities and women of colour are missing out most of all.
Women in Sport, is the longest established charity in this space and we are at an exciting point in our development. We have an opportunity for an Engagement Officer to work closely with our Head of Engagement and Communications to drive forward our income generation.
Women in Sport values the quality and diversity of thought possible from a team made up of individuals from a broad range of backgrounds, who can each bring their different experiences and perspectives. For this reason, we encourage applications from men as well as women and would particularly welcome applications from people of colour and a wide variety of ethnic or minority backgrounds, sexual orientation, religion, age and impairment.
Women in Sport is committed to a working culture where everyone can be authentic and true to themselves. We strive to represent the full diversity of the communities we serve.
Main responsibilities are to:
- Maintain knowledge of grant giving bodies, the charity sector and any trends to ensure you identify and capitalise on any relevant opportunities for the organisation
- Identify and devise applications to grant giving bodies and support growth in unrestricted income
- Support the Chief Executive, Head of Engagement and Communications and Trustees to cultivate and maintain relationships with funders, including grant givers, corporates and individuals
- Represent Women in Sport to potential funders in addition to attending networking events where required
- Support the management of large grants, monitoring income from funders and updating as required
What we’re looking for from you is to:
- Be a passionate advocate for our cause in gender equality, positive and resilient
- Be results and target driven as you’ll be expected to support working towards fundraising targets set in our business plan.
- Have high levels of attention to detail and the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines
- Demonstrate strong relationship management skills
- Have previous experience supporting with the delivery of projects
- Be a forward thinker with strong reporting skills
- Be a competent IT user with excellent Microsoft Office skills
Please see the job description here for full list of responsibilities and the criteria required for this role.
What we can offer you:
- Annual leave: 25 days, plus Bank Holidays
- Pension: An auto enrolment pension, with matched contributions starting at 3% of salary.
- Flexibility: We have a range of options for flexible working and we’d be happy to discuss your needs at the interview stage.
- Annual Healthy Living Allowance of £250
Come and be part of this exciting new era for women’s sport!