On Wednesday 8th March 2017 people around the world will be celebrating International Women’s Day. It’s a great opportunity to get involved and champion women’s achievements, so why not use the day to host a Women’s Sport Wednesdays event?
Women’s Sport Wednesdays is a fundraising campaign led by Women in Sport to make Wednesdays the day of the week when every playing field, pitch, pool, track and court is filled with people playing sport, having fun and raising vital funds to help women and girls reach their full potential through sport.
Whether you do it for your daughter, sister, girlfriend, wife, mum or friends – by getting together, getting active, and raising money on International Women’s Day, we can all be bold for change and do our bit to challenge gender inequality in sport.
To help you get started, here’s a few fundraising tips and pointers. We are here to help you whenever you need us. Email email@example.com or call 020 3137 6263 for further information.
- Host a Cake Sale – Like our friends at University of Liverpool’s Cheerleading and Dance Society. What better way to end a training session or match day by enjoying an indulgent snack or sharing it with other people? Not only will it make sure sport is extra sweet, you will also be raising vital funds to help Women in Sport provide more opportunities for women and girls to benefit their lives through playing sport.
- Sports Days – Why not organise a fundraising sports day? Sports days are a great idea for fundraisers who want to gather their teammates, family, friends and colleagues together and get fundraising! And what better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by raising money that will help others who are less able to access the benefits of sport and physical activity.
- Lunch-break tournament – Invite your colleagues to take part in a sports competition that’s easy to fit in during a lunch break. Table tennis, darts, skittles or sports-related computer games are all easy to set up in the office and don’t require participants to change into sports gear.
Hopefully these suggestions will get you thinking about how you can support Women’s Sport Wednesdays on International Women’s Day. Here’s a few final pointers to make your event a huge success.
- Throw an event themed around the sport or hobby you’re passionate about, it will make the process of organising even easier!
- Use all resources available to you to help put on an event. By clicking here you can download our Fundraising Pack which has practically everything you need.
- Spread the word to your friends and colleagues, tweet and share on social media and use local media sources to tell as many people as possible about your brilliant fundraising event. We’re on Twitter and Facebook using the #WomensSportWeds hashtag. Plus we can tell other Women in Sport supporters about your event via our website.
- Let us help you! We can support you with ideas, things to think about and provide fundraising materials. Contact Charlotte in our team who will be more than happy to help you. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org