The final countdown is on – we are exactly three weeks away from the launch of Women’s Sport Wednesdays, which means there is still time to organise your fundraising event to take place on October 5th, the very first Women’s Sport Wednesday!
Whenever you choose to hold your fundraising event, we’re here to lend a hand and share our top five fundraising tips to help you make the most of your Women’s Sport Wednesday activity!
Top Tips from the Women in Sport team
- Spread the word through social media: Be sure to contact participants and promote your event over social media, where you can reach different types of audience, from teams to individuals and organisations. Make your posts fun and engaging to encourage participation, and don’t forget to use the hashtag #WomenSportWeds and tag us @womeninsport_uk, so we can help spread the word!
- Set up your online fundraising page: One of the quickest and safest ways to raise money for your fundraising event is to create an online fundraising page and track your progress using EverydayHero.
- Mix it up! If you are a sports team or club, mix it up by having the team try out a new sport! To top it off, put on some fancy dress to have a laugh and add an extra challenge. This makes for great photos to post on social media!
- It doesn’t have to be sports-related! Fundraising for Women’s Sport Wednesdays doesn’t have to have to involve an athletic activity. Channel your inner Mary Berry and throw a bake sale, a themed dinner party or any type of social event to bring people together and support your fundraising mission.
- Take advantage of work place breaks: Tight for time? Host a fundraising event during one of your breaks at work or through your lunch hour to add some excitement to your working day and encourage your colleagues to join in.
We can’t wait to see what you’ve come up with!