Measuring Impact: ‘This Girl Can Run’ for England Athletics
“Combining Women in Sport’s insight pieces with our own has helped us to deliver a highly effective and cost efficient digital campaign” Marketing & Campaign Manager, England Athletics Running Participation Team
A digital campaign was created to activate Sport England’s ‘This Girl Can’ campaign around running, to include content that would inspire, inform and engage women aged 14 to 40 (aligned to the parent campaign).
Women in Sport worked in partnership with England Athletics on a research project to further understand the highly engaged online community and the impact the campaign was having on their running behaviour.
- What did we want to find out?
- Who did we talk to?
- England Athletics Thoughts
- 95% are now running at least once per week.
- 51% of those who engaged with the campaign are running more often than they were before.
- 28,000+women reported being influenced by the campaign to either start running, return to running or run more frequently.
- 9,650 women who have been heavily influenced by ‘This Girl Can Run’ are either new to running or have returned to running since engaging with the campaign.
- Changes have been made to the focus of the digital channels.
- Content for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram is now created with audiences’ dominant values in mind.
- England Athletics have put plans in place for regular impact measurement to retain understanding of these audiences and how they use the digital content.
- England Athletics
- Sport England