WE ARE WOMEN IN SPORT
Are you passionate about gender equality? Do you want your work to make a difference? We are Women in Sport – come and join our team.
Women in Sport is the leading charity dedicated to Empowering women and girls through sport. With over 30 years’ experience in the sport sector, we’re advancing gender equality through and within sport: empowering women and girls through sport and transforming the sport sector.
We are looking for a Finance Officer for a fixed term maternity cover to join the operations team and support us in delivering our ambition. We need someone who is pro-active, keen and efficient. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a small ground-breaking charity, in the high profile and fast-moving arena of women’s sport with plenty of scope to make your mark for the cause.
We are a team that shares a great ambition, has a highly flexible and adaptable approach to work and comprises people who want their day job to make a difference to society. An interest in women’s sport will also help but you do not need to be ‘sporty’ or female – in fact we value a diversity of experiences of sport in our team. Come and be part of this exciting new era for women’s sport.
We’re committed to equality and operate within a culture and structure that recognises diversity and strives to be fair. We live by our values of Fairness, Insight-led, Collaborative and Challenging, and we aim to have an entrepreneurial and flexible approach to work. Our ‘Culture Club’ works across the charity to ensure Women in Sport is a great place to work.
We’re a small team, but we’re doing big things. Advancing gender equality through and within sport isn’t easy, but we’re committed to making the biggest difference we can. If you want to help us achieve our vision, why not consider a career with Women in Sport.
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Operations, the role has responsibility for maintaining all accounting records, producing monthly management accounts pack and cost centre reports. In addition, they produce the payroll and pensions for input for the outsourced providers, liaise with the landlord at House of Sport and supports the Head of Finance & Operations in HR, Office and ICT management.
This is a fixed term maternity cover. It requires flexibility and responsiveness to organisational needs, and is a very hands-on role.
This is an office-based part-time role of 21 hours per week. We are happy to discuss how the hours would be split across the week to suit you and your other responsibilities.
- Run the month end processes and maintain accounting records for the organisation, including posting invoices and journals to our Sage 50 accounts system.
- Update and run the monthly management account and cost centre templates, liaising with budget holders to resolve queries.
- Carry out reconciliation of bank accounts, balance sheet and control accounts.
- Support the annual budget setting processes and periodic forecast collection. Including updating the management accounts pack with forecast information.
- Preparation of financial returns for external funders including reconciliation of restricted income.
- Support the Head of Finance and Operations with year end accounts and the audit.
- Prepare Payroll for an external supplier.
- Update and maintain pension payments and reconciliations.
- Carry out payment runs and credit card processing.
- Supporting the team with financial process and procedures such as managing credit cards, raising purchase orders etc. Liaise with suppliers.
- Maintaining HR records such as sickness and annual leave and supporting recruitment as required.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Experience of SAGE 50 and maintaining accounting records and reconciliations.
- Demonstrable experience of finance systems and processes.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment – able to interact with the team and provide clear concise explanations of financials especially management accounts and cost centre reports to budget holders.
- Problem solving skills, be proactive and forward thinking
- Able to work in a fast-pace environment, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- IT literate with knowledge of all Microsoft packages, especially advanced knowledge of excel
- Charity experience desirable
- Self-motivated, resilient and level headed
- Able to multi-task and manage own workload
- Enthusiasm, energy and willingness to meet challenging demands, work to deadlines and initiate and sustain improvements in service
- Demonstrable commitment to the ethos of equality and diversity
- Self-disciplined, with excellent attention to detail
- Salary: £26,000 pro rata (£15,600 for 21 hours)
- Hours: 21 per week. The post holder will be required to undertake some commitments outside normal working hours.
- Annual leave: 25 days, plus Bank Holidays pro rata (15 days for 21 hours)
- Duration: This is a 6-8 month fixed term contract maternity cover.
- Pension: Women in Sport operates an auto enrolment pension, with matched contributions of up to 3% of salary.
- £250 annual health living allowance (pro rata)
- Flexibility: Women in Sport offers a range of options for flexible working and we’d be happy to discuss your needs at interview stage.
- If you feel inspired to come and work with us, please submit a covering letter (maximum 1.5 sides A4) and detailed CV to email@example.com. The covering letter should explain why this role interests you and how your experience addresses the criteria as set out in the job description
CLOSING DATE: 8th May 2020
- Interviews are scheduled provisionally for the week commencing 11th May 2020, however we will be contacting candidates throughout this period.
Please note: due to resourcing constraints we will only contact candidates that are selected for interview.
View the full job application: Women in Sport Finance Officer – Maternity Cover April 2020