Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered is a FREE physical activity and education programme for young girls (5-11) and their fathers/father-figures who want to be more active together.
What can you expect?
- A FREE 11-week programme delivered face-to-face by trained instructors
- Meet other families on a similar journey
- Spend quality time with your daughter participating in activities and games
- Learn how to design sport and fitness activities and improve your family’s physical activity levels
- Learn how to improve your daughter’s sports skills, confidence, and resilience
About the programme
Daughters and Dads Active and Empowered is delivered in partnership with the EFL Trust, Fatherhood Institute and University of Newcastle (Australia) through funding from Sport England and the National Lottery Fund.
It is an award-winning programme proven to support fathers/father-figures and their daughters to achieve the following:
- To become more physically active
- Increase sports skill proficiencies in young girls (kicking, throwing, catching, striking, and bouncing)
- Improve the quality of the father-daughter relationships such as feeling of closeness and communication
- Improve young girls’ confidence, resilience, and social and emotional well-being
- Improve parenting practices and became more involved and engaged with their daughters
The programme is delivered by six football clubs in the following communities:
Interested in finding out more or getting involved with one of the six communities? Register your interest and select your club by completing the form here.